SLIP METER DIGITAL
Manufacturer: AMERICAN SLIP ME
Model: ASM 825
4 Hour: $32.00
- The World s Most Compact and affordable Slipmeter!
- An everyday tool for monitoring floor safety and maintenance.
- Designed for portability and for field use.
- Improve Safety
- Reduce Negligence
- A simple test of the coefficient of friction level of your floors and walkways will provide valuable data about safety levels and ongoing maintenance. Recording of readings in the logbook provided are useful in defense of negligence litigation.
- Why You Need It
- Insurance studies in the food and beverage industry, an analysis of over 225,000 worker compensation claims, revealed that slip/fall accidents accounted for over 40% of dollar claims paid out.
- The American Disabilities Act (ADA) passed by congress in July 1992 Title III notes: For all business open to the public, The Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (ATBCB) recommends flooring and walkways have a coefficient of friction level .60 or above and .80 for ramps. There are penalties for failure to comply and tax benefits for those businesses taking steps to comply.
- OSHA sets many requirements for safe floors, walkways and ramps under 29 CFR-1910 referring to providing floors with anti-slip surfaces or maintaining surfaces in non-slip condition. OSHA recommends 0.50 COF.
- Accepted Industry Standards
- As adopted by Underwriters Laboratory (UL) and the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM):
- 0.50 COF or above has been traditionally recognized as providing non-hazardous walkway surfaces.
- Source: ASTM D2047 and the Slip and Fall Handbook, Stephen I. Rosen, Hanrow Press.
- APPROX BOX SHIPPING SIZE 21 X 15 X 5
- APPROX SHIPPING WGT 10 LBS
* Prices are subject to change.
* Please call us if you have questions about our slip meter digital rentals in Burnsville, Rosemount, Apple Valley, Minneapolis, St Paul, Twin Cities, South Metro, and Dakota County MN.