LAWN AND GARDEN EQUIPMENT
Manufacturer: WEED WRENCH
4 Hour: $20.00
Instructions: <Click Here>
- Jaw Capacity: Up to 2.5"
- Height: 60 inches
- Weight: 24 lbs.
- Will the Weed Wrench tool work for my job?
- Generally, Weed Wrench will uproot any plant if the jaws will fit around the stem, and the tensile strength of the stem exceeds the anchoring strength of the roots.
- It will work on virtually all woody plants. Jaw placement is easiest on straight, vertical stems and becomes trickier (but not impossible) on multi-stemmed plants or plants that lay flat against the ground.
- It will work on some herbaceous plants if the stem is fibrous and tough enough so the roots pull out before the stem is crushed to the breaking point.
- It will work on previously cut off plants when a stub of the original stem is accessible. It will pull wooden tree stakes for re-use. It will not work on soft-stemmed plants. It will not work on plants which grow in a clump like pampas grass.
- Following are just some of the plants Weed Wrench has proven effective against:
- acacia, eucalyptus, tamarisk, French broom, privet, buckthorn, multiflora rose honeysuckle, Scotch broom, Norway maple, gorse conifers, manzanita, Russian olive, willow & holly.
- Weed Wrench is best used on shrubs and trees where uprooting is a positive end to that plant. It can also be helpful for a first-round root removal of plants like blackberry vine or poison oak. With such plants, keep in mind that it will take follow-up work to control underground root fragments that send up new growth.
* Prices are subject to change.
* Please call us if you have questions about our weed wrench rentals in Burnsville, Rosemount, Apple Valley, Minneapolis, St Paul, Twin Cities, South Metro, and Dakota County MN.